This page contains all the different sources that have been referenced throughout this blog:
- Anschutz, Doeschka J., and Rutger C. M. E. Engels. “The Effects of Playing with Thin Dolls on Body Image and Food Intake in Young Girls.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 22 Aug. 2010. Web. 28 March 2013.
- Brabeck, M. and Brown, L. ‘Feminist theory and psychological practice’, in J.Worell and N. Johnson (eds.) Shaping the future of feminist psychology: Education, research, and practice (Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association, 1997).
- CBS News. (2004). Becoming Barbie: Living dolls. Retrieved December 5, 2004, from http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/29/48hours/main632909.shtml
- Crouch, Degelman D. “Influence of Female Body Images in Printed Advertising on Self-ratings of Physical Attractiveness by Adolescent Girls.” Perceptual and Motor Skills 87 (1998): 585-86. Web. 01 Apr. 2013.
- “The Dove® Campaign for Real Beauty.” Dove. Unilever, 2013. Web. 14 Apr. 2013.
- Dittmar, Helga, Suzanne Ive, and Emma Halliwell. “Does Barbie Make Girls Want to Be Thin? The Effect of Experimental Exposure to Images of Dolls on the Body Image of 5- to 8-Year-Old Girls.” Developmental Psychology 42.2 (2006): 283-92. Web. 28 May 2013.
- Dove Real Beauty Sketches. Perf. Gil Zamora. Dove, 2013. YouTube.
- Kathryn, Jen. “Why Playing with Blocks, Legos and Other Building Toys Is Important.” Helium. Helium, 25 Apr. 2007. Web. 1 Apr. 2013.
- Oswald, Debora L. “Gender Stereotypes and Women’s Reports of Liking and Ability in Traditionally Masculine and Feminine Occupations.” Psychology of Women Quarterly 32 (2008): 196-203.
- Strasser, Annie-Rose. “13-Year-Old Girl Asks Easy Bake Oven To End Sexist Ads: ‘I Want My Brother To Know That It’s Not Wrong’ To Cook.” ThinkProgress. Center for American Progress Action Fund, 3 Dec. 2012. Web. 03 Apr. 2013.
- Williams, Joan C., and Katherine Ullman. “Is It Too Cold to “Lean In”? Women In STEM.” Women 2.0. Huffington Post, 13 Apr. 2013. Web. 14 Apr. 2013.